- North Louisiana
- Part Time
Our paid internship program is designed to accomplish three things: 1) provide the intern an opportunity to work with a team on a relevant project(s) within our Financial Audit Services section, 2) formally train and develop their skills, and 3) provide him/her with a realistic preview of what full-time employment is like as a staff auditor.
The Financial Audit Intern position differs from the Financial Staff Auditor I position by the obligation to rapidly expand knowledge and skills in the application of professional standards and by the level of technical work performed.
Ot Examples of Work/Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and auditee personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow instructions and accept constructive feedback from supervisors.
- Analyze information and data to evaluate agency financial activities in relation to statutes, regulations, fiscal rules, generally accepted accounting principles, and standards of program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrate appropriate attention to detail.
- Organize audit documentation in a logical order that can be easily followed by supervisors and other members of the audit team.
- Seek supervisor guidance in applying judgment in a manner commensurate with experience.
- Accept responsibility for actions.
- Adhere to LLA standards of conduct and protocols.
- Maintain a positive, constructive attitude and works well with others.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to, or a logical assignment for the position.
- Completion of 12 hours in Accounting.
- Minimum 2.5 grade point average (GPA).
- Work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
- Cover letter
- Official or Unofficial College transcripts